2011年10月16日日曜日

My travel journal about London #1

September 25, 2011
I was leaving for London from Narita airport to meet my old friends.
My company gave me a one-week vacation as a length-of service award this autumn.
It was a first time to fly Virgin Atlantic. The seats were almost full on the plane.
I enjoyed watching some movies during flight.

  • Jusst Go with It
  • Bridesmaids
  • Tha Adjustment Bureau
"Bridesmaids" was the funniest movie of the three.

Unfortunately, the movies were played only in English (without Japanese subtitle), so I did not understand the story precisely. However, I understood the plot and enjoyed them.


I watched a TV drama called "The Big C".
I've been a big fun of Laura Linney ever since she played the role of Sarah in "Love Actually".
Do you remember Sarah?
She has been in love for years with her company's creative director, Karl. A tryst between Karl and herself is interrupted by Sarah's mentally ill brother, Michael, and this effecively ends their relationship.



This show also played only in English. (without Japanese subtitle)


Laura Linney's interview about "The Big C".

I finally arrived at Heathrow airport in London.
I got on the Heathrow Express and got off at the terminal, Paddington.
I took a cab from Paddington to Tower hill.
It cost £30 from Paddington to the hotel.
It was OK because the driver was very kind.
After I checked in to the hotel, I decided to walk around the hotel to get a bottle of water.
Although there were some beverages in the fridge in my room, I wanted to keep a bottle of water.
It was already 8pm. I finally found a newsagent near the tube station.

*A newsagent's shop (British English) is a business that sells newspapers, magazines, snacks and often items of local interest. In Britain and Australia, the person who operates such a business is said to be a newsagent. Newsagents typically operate in well-trafficked public places like city streets, railway stations and airports.


>

大きな地図で見る

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿