2011年10月22日土曜日

My travel journal about London #2

September 26, 2011
I woke up at 8:00 and went to the restaurant to have breakfast in the hotel.
The restaurant provided a bountiful buffet breakfast.
I tried the grilled tomatoes.  They were really delicious.
I walked the 5 minutes from the hotel to the tube station.
I was worried that my Oyster card might have expired because I bought it 4 years ago.
However, I was able to go through the gate.  I got off at Charing Cross and went to The National Gallery.
I explored the gallery quickly because I was expecting to meet my friend at 13:00.  So, I couldn't take my time to enjoy the beautiful paintings.  I decided to come back again sometime in the future.
I met my friend and spoke about what we would do that day.
We decided to watch a show at night. I requested to watch "Ghost".
I love the story line and the show is not in Japan yet.


We tried to book tickets on the Internet or by phone.  However, there were no seats available.
We went to Piccadilly Theater by taxi immediately.  Fortunately, we were able to get tickets at the box office. Then we walked around Piccadilly Circus and Covent Garden.
When we passed "The Trocadero", he nostalgically remembered having a good time there in his youth.  It must be a place that holds many good memories for him.
Then we went to two English Pubs and enjoyed drinking.  We were having a conversation and talking about our memories and recent events.  We were staying at "The Devonshire Arms" until the time the show started.  The staff were friendly and the food was good in the Pub.



The show was fantastic.  I really enjoyed it. The actors and actresses performed very well.  The story-line was reproduced from the original movie precisely.







0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿