2011年11月7日月曜日

My travel journal about London #4

September 28, 2011
I was thinking about visiting Buackingham Palace because I saw a poster at the tube station during my stay in London.
The Duchess of Cambridge's wedding dress took centre-stage in the Ballroom at Buckingham Palace during the annual Summer Opening.
I tried to book a ticket on the Internet.  However, the tickets were sold out.
I should have booked the ticket beforehand.
I decided to go to the National Gallery.
I went there on my first day in London, but I didn't have enough time to see the exhibits.
I paid £3.50p for a Multimedia Guide.
The Gadget guided me through the gallery efficiently.
After I enjoyed seeing some exhibits, I went to the Prince of Wales Theater to get tickets for "MAMMA MIA".
It was easy to get good seats at the box office.
After getting the tickets, I went to Monument to see my friend.
He was my English teacher in the past.  He taught me English for 3 years.
I intended to take him out for lunch but he treated me.
He made a reservation at a restaurant for us. The food was really delicious.
The food is delicious at Butcher at Leadenhall 


After I met my friend in the City, I returned to my hotel and took a break.
I walked around "Tower Hill", the area near my hotel.
Tower Bridge and The Tower of London are the landmarks in this area.
The Tower of London
Tower Bridge
In the evening, I went to dinner with my friend.
I really enjoyed having Indian food.  There are many Indian restaurants in London.
I went to a traditional English pub after having Indian food.
The pub is called the "Pommelers Rest", which is on Tower Bridge Road just a block from the Thames River.
The atmosphere was very English. 
Pommelers Rest is near Tower Bridge


2 件のコメント:

  1. What a fond memory!
    I've been to London over 15 years ago.

    返信削除
  2. Thank you for your comment, Yuki-san.
    I really enjoyed staying in London.
    It has changed lots in London.
    The quality of food has improved

    返信削除